Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Re: Week 1 readings reflection

K: What I already KNOW

The use of IT can assist the teacher to create a learning environment during lesson time.
Some basic IT that can be used. eg computer software like Powerpoint, as well as equipment like the visualizer

W: What I WANT TO LEARN

How to effectively incorporate IT into classrooms?
Examples of good IT mediated lessons

L: What I LEARNED this week

From the readings, I've learned many different ways that IT can bring about student centered learning, as well as some resources that are made readily available on the Internet that I have forgotten, eg, use to emails to communicate with professionals in a specific area.
IT should be used in collaboration with textbooks and lesson materials and not be over emphasised on one area and neglect the other. Use of IT need to be able to achieve the goals set in the curriculum.

Q: What QUESTIONS I still have

Can IT be used for all range of lessons types?
Would some be more effective than others?
The cases highlighted in the readings seem to be too perfect, what are some examples of how IT had been more of a hassle that help?


Cheers =)

No comments: